The Bossy Clucker ladies are back this week, to answer questions from you with Joey Vitale of Indie Law. If you have any legal questions in your business, this is your guy! Joey is the attorney for Creatives over at Indie Law. Today Joey is answering legal questions, from you the viewers. Stay tuned and listen to see if your questions were answered!
- Does a single-member LLC need an operating agreement (03:00)
- What exactly an Limited Liability Company (LLC) is & protecting your assets
- Yes, an operating agreement should be in place if you have an LLC
- The operating agreement is not filed with the state
- How to ask for a contract and adding marketing into a contract (08:35)
- Create a contract for yourself and have an attorney help or review it
- Promotion should be done by you, not the vendor
- How long do waivers need to be kept after an event (12:05)
- Having a waiver does not mean you are not liable
- You should keep waivers forever
- Why you should send waivers via electronic signature
Meet the Expert:
Meet the Bossy Clucker Co-Hosts:
Kathy E. Austin is a growth strategist, speaker and the founder of Boss Rising, a movement for creative leaders. Kathy brings over 15 years of small business and corporate expertise, during which time she unearthed the secrets of being a bossy-ass boss earning her a “real-life MBA.” Kathy helps creative leaders take their existing companies and crank it up to the place they’ve dreamed about by implementing her assessment tool the Six Pillars of Growth and through the Boss Rising Growth Accelerator. Kathy recently relocated to Seattle with her family where she cannot get enough of all the frickin’ mountains, chasing her littles, and making wine with her husband under the Perseid Peak label.
KT Speetzen is the CEO of Mother Cluckers Comedy, LLC. By day she teaches everyone from entrepreneurs, politicians to corporations the power of comedic storytelling for branding and engagement. By night she’s the and the Creator and Producer of Chicago’s The Mother Cluckers Comedy Troupe. In previous lives, KT has worked behind the scenes in documentary television for A&E, The History Channel and National Geographic, in addition to earning her Masters in Education and her National Boards Certification while teaching for the Chicago Public Schools. KT loves David Bowie, her crazy family, and is slowly starting to understand Twitter.